On March 2 I had interviews at two perspective law firms; Giffen and Rabideau. Surprisingly both had very different interview techniques.
My first interview for the day was at Giffen. I met with Lori Naylor and Heather Sinding. The interview consisted mainly of them talking about the office, the type of work, and what I would be doing if I got the position. Most of their question were asked in a style in which they would present me with a situation and I would tell them how I would handle the situation. For example : If more files then I could possibly be able to close has to be closed on the same day what would I do? Overall I would say that interview went really well, and even ended in them taking me on a tour of the office.
Rabideau on the other hand had a very different take on the interview process, perhaps more of an expected take. What I mean by this that instead of the more free form of interviewing that Giffen seemed to have, Rabideau had a prepared list of questions that were posed to all interviewees. It contained a lot of questions one anticipates from an interview; i.e. What would you say is your biggest weakness/strength, What would your friends/previous employer/teacher tells us about you, and other such questions delving into your abilities and attributes.
At Giffen I would be working in real estate which is really what I would like to go into. On the other hand, at Rabideau I would be working in debt law; a proposition that worried me mildly as I am vastly unfamiliar with debt law. Additionally, I would not have a desk or actual computer at Rabideau. So that day when I got home to find an email from Giffen offering me a placement I gladly accepted.
No comments:
Post a Comment