So over this last two weeks I think I have got comfortable in my position at Giffen, however next week they are switching me over to the litigation side which sets my nerves on edge a bit; particularly because the lawyer has been portrayed as less then friendly ( said also because he refused to meet me. )
I think a lot of the skills we learned in school have been fairly applicable to the work situation, but I also feel that there is some stuff that you just have to be out working to really get a feel for. A lot of co-op has just been feeling like re-utilizing skill taught at school, some stuff is simply improvement through practice and repetition.
To date I have not had an opportunity to interact with any clients. I have made a couple phone calls to clients but just received the answering machine.
I don't have a copy of the responsibilities I submitted so I am a bit hazy on what it included, but when recalling talking to Lori (office manager), a lot of what she said I would be doing I am. Which includes opening files, using PC law and Conveyancer, and having an opportunity to experience a few areas of law opposed to just one. I think at co-op I am demonstrating skills of organization, such as keeping a clean work space and keeping files in order, and also interpersonal skills, in so far as creating and maintaining good working relationships with the others in the office.
No comments:
Post a Comment