Wednesday, 26 April 2017

Week 3, Post 1

  1. Give examples of oral and written communication used in your work placement.  Did you draft your own communications?  Are you using 'clean formatting'?  Are you using Outlook.  If so, what features are you using?
I am generally given an idea of what I should say in my correspondence along with the few phone calls I have made.  Things such as standards letters are made from precedents. I use outlook exclusively for emails.


2 .Provide an example of a problem you encountered and describe how you solved it.

When preparing accounts, on occasion there are issues with the amounts in Conveyancer and Teraview not matching, more often then not it can be solved by going through the files and finding things such as bank drafts and searches. 

3. Are you using a To-Do List/notebook to prioritize your work to meet deadlines.
This has not become an issue. 

School-related reflection


  1. Discuss how, through this program, you changed from a Year 1 student to a pre-professional.  What specific elements in the program helped to develop you as an emerging legal assistant?

    I feel like I have always had a good sense of professionalism, when placed in a professional environment. Of course the program did help refine skills, such as telephone communications. going to the program I was terrified of making phone calls but I think I have become fairly comfortable on the phone and I now know how to conduct myself on the phone.

  2. Were there benefits to blogging - both writing about your experiences and reading others' blogs, over the last three weeks or would you prefer to submit a private written report at the end of the three weeks?  Explain

    I think it is beneficial to hear about other's experiences, helps us to learn through each other. My personal preference would be to be do a report at the end of three weeks, and that is largely because  I find the blogs tedious. 

1 comment:

  1. Interesting comment about blogs being tedious. I'm wondering if you found any benefit to sharing experiences with classmates. Also, since you have been writing throughout your placement, doesn't it give you a good feeling to be almost done with reporting about field placement rather than writing and submitting a lengthy report afterwards?

    ReplyDelete